Using classic Outlook for Windows in educational settings
Hello joyfulSandfish,
Greeting. Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.
Based on your description, I understand your query is about “Outlook 365 - "You replied to this message" / fowarded / etc. not showing up on all emails”. I did thorough research and testing from my end.
May I know if you're referring to the similar prompt line shown in the image below?
May I know the affected user's account type and on what device he is using?
It seems that this feature appears to be undergoing an update, as shown in the image below. It is no longer visible for New Outlook for Mac and some Windows version.
![]()
Please check if the affected user's email display the status of the message with a small icon. You may see the Reply or Forwarded icon instead. If replied, it will appear as a small arrow to the left, and the forward is an arrow to the right. Example attached.

![]()
Your understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated.
Have a good day.
Best regards,
Winter| Microsoft Community Moderator
Nothing you suggests works. There is no "columns" setting, nor "advanced" setting in the outlook.com web client under View settings. I have two premium Microsoft 365 basic accounts, and the "replied" arrow, and the in message notification "You replied to..." is only missing in my ******@live.com account. It started this morning (July 26, 2023) Microsoft broke this, so now I would appreciate them fixing it.
Thanks