Outlook Disconnecting, won't reconnect until rebooted

Anonymous
2022-07-21T10:07:28+00:00

Starting a few months ago some of our users are reporting that Outlook and Teams disconnect multiple times throughout the day. The only way to fix it is to reboot the machine. They are using Outook for 365 and connecting to a mailbox in Exchange Online. It started with 2 users but more have reported the issue recently.

During the time Outlook & Teams disconnect they do not loose network or internet connection and can open Outlook and Teams on the web.

So far I have tried:

  • Recreating mail profile
  • Disabling cached exchange mode
  • Wiping and re-installing Windows 10 & Office 365

I have listed below the version of Outlook and Window 10 they are using.

Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2205 Build 16.0.15225.20348) 64-bit

Windows 10

OS build: 19044.1766

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-20T14:24:05+00:00

Have any of you tried uninstalling Dell Optimizer? Apparently that has worked for some folks in the very recent past. It has not worked for my issue, but ours may be a bad network (our only users having the issue are in one small office). Something to do with it installing ExpressConnect

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-23T19:03:08+00:00

    We also contacted Microsoft support regarding the issue. This was their response. "We would need you to update office for your users, this should resolve the issue."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-23T19:09:56+00:00

    Verify if there is another software like "Dell Optimizer"who run services which interface with others software

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-26T17:13:28+00:00

    I don't have a Dell. That might be a solution for some, but not all that face this issue.

    The user that is having this issue in my environment isn't using a Dell either. They're using a Lenovo. I have noticed that when this happens I can End the Microsoft Click-to-Run process and Outlook will open. I opened a ticket with Microsoft as well. Just started when the user got a new computer (Windows 10) and nothing so far has been a permanent fix. Office 365/2016.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-27T06:29:58+00:00

    I don't have a Dell. That might be a solution for some, but not all that face this issue.

    One of users might have solved this without uninstalling Dell Optimizer.

    Could you try and change this under power options and see if it does anything? I have no computer to try this fix on.

    Go to Change advanced power settings and change Link State Power Management to off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments