Outlook Disconnecting, won't reconnect until rebooted

Anonymous
2022-07-21T10:07:28+00:00

Starting a few months ago some of our users are reporting that Outlook and Teams disconnect multiple times throughout the day. The only way to fix it is to reboot the machine. They are using Outook for 365 and connecting to a mailbox in Exchange Online. It started with 2 users but more have reported the issue recently.

During the time Outlook & Teams disconnect they do not loose network or internet connection and can open Outlook and Teams on the web.

So far I have tried:

  • Recreating mail profile
  • Disabling cached exchange mode
  • Wiping and re-installing Windows 10 & Office 365

I have listed below the version of Outlook and Window 10 they are using.

Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2205 Build 16.0.15225.20348) 64-bit

Windows 10

OS build: 19044.1766

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-20T14:24:05+00:00

Have any of you tried uninstalling Dell Optimizer? Apparently that has worked for some folks in the very recent past. It has not worked for my issue, but ours may be a bad network (our only users having the issue are in one small office). Something to do with it installing ExpressConnect

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-06T23:29:49+00:00

    I'm happy to report that the Dell optimizer uninstall did not work for me as I did not own a dell, but installing the latest version of Outlook did.

    I'm running 1.2023.616.100

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-06T23:30:48+00:00

    I looked at that too. These machines are Optiplexes which don't come with Dell Optimizer. I did uninstall it from the one Prescision we have and am waiting to see if the issue comes back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-07T08:09:16+00:00

    Hi Sam, to the best of my knowledge I don't have Dell Optimizer installed. I'm actually just installing it now to see what effect it has.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments