Outlook Disconnecting, won't reconnect until rebooted

Anonymous
2022-07-21T10:07:28+00:00

Starting a few months ago some of our users are reporting that Outlook and Teams disconnect multiple times throughout the day. The only way to fix it is to reboot the machine. They are using Outook for 365 and connecting to a mailbox in Exchange Online. It started with 2 users but more have reported the issue recently.

During the time Outlook & Teams disconnect they do not loose network or internet connection and can open Outlook and Teams on the web.

So far I have tried:

  • Recreating mail profile
  • Disabling cached exchange mode
  • Wiping and re-installing Windows 10 & Office 365

I have listed below the version of Outlook and Window 10 they are using.

Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2205 Build 16.0.15225.20348) 64-bit

Windows 10

OS build: 19044.1766

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-20T14:24:05+00:00

Have any of you tried uninstalling Dell Optimizer? Apparently that has worked for some folks in the very recent past. It has not worked for my issue, but ours may be a bad network (our only users having the issue are in one small office). Something to do with it installing ExpressConnect

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-22T18:19:48+00:00

    Hello Everyone,

    I have the same issue (Outlook and Teams disconnecting every 2 hours and I need to reboot). I use a Dell laptop

    I just uninstall Dell Optimizer. I will let you know.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-21T14:44:08+00:00

    There hasn't been anything useful on this topic from Microsoft in years. I've seen posts about this issue dating back to 2018. I'm only commenting to try to save you a little time. This issue is not isolated to windows 11. I'm still in windows 10 and having the same issue since I have been using outlook.

    Ok I understand. Thanks.

    This problem is very strange. We have several hundred clients but only around 5-8 users have this problem, that I know of.

    Most of them are newly hired, new PCs and Windows 11.

    So it ain't old bad configuration.

    Going back to Windows 10 seems to worked for us but time will tell.

    It's a very odd issue. We a large number of computers as well, but around the same number having the issue. Our are all recently added computers to the domain with all except one computer being Windows 10. I removed the Dell Optimizer off of two computers as suggested above to see if that changes anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-21T14:03:49+00:00

    There hasn't been anything useful on this topic from Microsoft in years. I've seen posts about this issue dating back to 2018. I'm only commenting to try to save you a little time. This issue is not isolated to windows 11. I'm still in windows 10 and having the same issue since I have been using outlook.

    Ok I understand. Thanks.

    This problem is very strange. We have several hundred clients but only around 5-8 users have this problem, that I know of.

    Most of them are newly hired, new PCs and Windows 11.

    So it ain't old bad configuration.

    Going back to Windows 10 seems to worked for us but time will tell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-21T09:35:08+00:00

    There hasn't been anything useful on this topic from Microsoft in years. I've seen posts about this issue dating back to 2018. I'm only commenting to try to save you a little time. This issue is not isolated to windows 11. I'm still in windows 10 and having the same issue since I have been using outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments