Outlook Disconnecting, won't reconnect until rebooted

Anonymous
2022-07-21T10:07:28+00:00

Starting a few months ago some of our users are reporting that Outlook and Teams disconnect multiple times throughout the day. The only way to fix it is to reboot the machine. They are using Outook for 365 and connecting to a mailbox in Exchange Online. It started with 2 users but more have reported the issue recently.

During the time Outlook & Teams disconnect they do not loose network or internet connection and can open Outlook and Teams on the web.

So far I have tried:

  • Recreating mail profile
  • Disabling cached exchange mode
  • Wiping and re-installing Windows 10 & Office 365

I have listed below the version of Outlook and Window 10 they are using.

Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2205 Build 16.0.15225.20348) 64-bit

Windows 10

OS build: 19044.1766

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-20T14:24:05+00:00

Have any of you tried uninstalling Dell Optimizer? Apparently that has worked for some folks in the very recent past. It has not worked for my issue, but ours may be a bad network (our only users having the issue are in one small office). Something to do with it installing ExpressConnect

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-26T14:48:47+00:00

    I have the same problem after swapping mail server yesterday. I load Outlook, it connects to the mail server sends/receives, then I need to reboot my laptop to enable a reconnection. If I exit Outlook it wont reload before a reboot and when rebooting I get a message stating Outlook is still running! Any help would be appreciated. I have resinsatalled Outlook - makes no difference

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-06T17:54:33+00:00

    I am having the same issue, custom built PC. not a Dell but still face this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T22:47:57+00:00

    I don't have to ask for help once but I felt I had to comment as I have this exact same issue.

    Nothing I do seems to fix it apart from a reboot and I can't seem to replicate it.

    Would be extremely interest to find a fix!

    My machines are custom builds. None are Dell.
    It's on a network of over 45 machines and its the same 2 that keep playing up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-12T23:26:43+00:00

    OMG, I've been dealing with this issue for a few months now and could not figure out what was happening with the new Dell PC's. I have had to wipe several PC's and I realized on reinstall I would never reinstall Dell Optimizer - just Dell Command Update and let it update what needs to be updated.

    I will be trying Dell Optimizer for the future PC's! How frustrating, I felt like perhaps it was a corrupt OS image from Dell that was causing the issue but being just an app to uninstall is a much simpler solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments