Outlook Disconnecting, won't reconnect until rebooted

Anonymous
2022-07-21T10:07:28+00:00

Starting a few months ago some of our users are reporting that Outlook and Teams disconnect multiple times throughout the day. The only way to fix it is to reboot the machine. They are using Outook for 365 and connecting to a mailbox in Exchange Online. It started with 2 users but more have reported the issue recently.

During the time Outlook & Teams disconnect they do not loose network or internet connection and can open Outlook and Teams on the web.

So far I have tried:

  • Recreating mail profile
  • Disabling cached exchange mode
  • Wiping and re-installing Windows 10 & Office 365

I have listed below the version of Outlook and Window 10 they are using.

Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2205 Build 16.0.15225.20348) 64-bit

Windows 10

OS build: 19044.1766

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-20T14:24:05+00:00

Have any of you tried uninstalling Dell Optimizer? Apparently that has worked for some folks in the very recent past. It has not worked for my issue, but ours may be a bad network (our only users having the issue are in one small office). Something to do with it installing ExpressConnect

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-20T06:19:35+00:00

    We have a case open with Microsoft, yet, still no solutions.

    Users are all on Dell laptops, Windows 10 and 11. Azure environment with Intune.

    We have Dell, hybrid azure ad and also Intune.

    However we mostly noticed this on Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-19T17:47:59+00:00

    We have a case open with Microsoft, yet, still no solutions.

    Users are all on Dell laptops, Windows 10 and 11. Azure environment with Intune.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-19T06:52:39+00:00

    Some of our users got really tired of this so we've been starting to downgrade to W10.

    So far one of our users haven't had any problems.

    I'll report back how it goes for the other users.

    However, this is not a solution. We do not want to downgrade our users to Windows 10.

    Hopefully someone finds a solution soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-16T18:24:20+00:00

    Same issue here! I am a user, not an IT person. When my connection drops, it drops to all my desktop Microsoft applications (Outlook, Teams, OneNote, OneDrive), but all those applications connect fine via the web. I am on my second computer with this same issue and have run the Support & Recovery Assistant as indicated here, but the problem persists. My IT wants to send me another computer, but I don't see how this could be an issue with the computer. They also suggested I contact my ISP, but since it works via the web, I am not doing that yet. It's so strange and so frustrating, and I must admit, I'm relieved to see this isn't just me!

    I am on Windows 10, not 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments