How do I block random people adding meetings to my calendar?

Anonymous
2023-05-22T13:11:46+00:00

I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.

If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?

I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T16:04:51+00:00

    I couldn't agree more. Microsoft's NEW Teams is even worse.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T15:16:56+00:00

    This is so messed up! Reminded of why I don't use Outlook/Hotmail anymore. Signed in and the account is just loaded full of Spam, my Calendar is booked with trash sexual ads, my inbox is jam packed with spam.
    Honestly, Microsoft what the hell.
    I told Work that in no way shape or form that I will be using this **** program and **** email service. Utter garbage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-05T14:27:15+00:00

    Still "under investigation???" Microsoft needs to fix this BS ASAP

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-05T15:30:17+00:00

    This issue seems to be getting a new run. It was ok for a few months, but now my Calender is full of SH*T again.

    I DIRECTLY ACCUSE Microsoft of profiting from illegal activity. Let Microsoft take me to court and make it public information.

    It's disgusting. And again to make sure their robot picks it up.....

    MICROSOFT SUPPORTS ILLEGAL ACTIVITY

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments