Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
In Outlook - there is no "File" option - try again...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.
If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?
I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
In Outlook - there is no "File" option - try again...
Two of the most ridiculous aspects are:
Two of the most ridiculous aspects are:
Eleni,
The resolution to create individual rules for every spam email address is completely unreasonable. Feels like a slap in the face, honestly. As a Microsoft Forum Modulator, you need to escalate this issue to whoever necessary for the issue to be addressed in a more realistic and permanent way.
How is it that Microsoft charges for the Office 365 subscription but isn't able to spare the resources and provide support to resolve such a nuisance of a problem!? The addition of a simple setting that would prevent email addresses calendar invitations, not in the user's list of contacts or business organization's list of users, to show on the user's calendar unless accepted, should prevent this.
Please have Outlook's Software Team figure this out.
Thank you.
I'd love to have Outlooks' Software Team figure it out. How do I do that? I keep getting spam additions to my calendar that are making me crazy. I use that calendar for everything, including reminders to myself, and I'd hate to give it up.
Thanks so much!
Meryl