How do I block random people adding meetings to my calendar?

Anonymous
2023-05-22T13:11:46+00:00

I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.

If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?

I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T02:38:03+00:00

    This is the most ridiculous suggestion to stop spam events from being added to my calendar, especially ones that won't let me decline the invite. This is irrelevant as they are coming from accounts we don't know. Just a heads up, I have followed your instructions and made a rule, but it doesn't remove a calendar invite that the sender has set up so it can't be declined/deleted.

    For a tech company, I would have thought internet security would have been a high priority and that you would be putting measures in place to prevent it from happening, rather than an afterthought of how to stop that same sender from adding us to a future event. It's no wonder people are moving away from Hotmail/Microsoft emails. My only solution now seems to be to close this email address and move to another company's email instead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T16:24:50+00:00

    MICROSOFT, ARE YOU LISTENING ??????????????????

    It should be real simple to stop folks from making unwanted spam appointments on Calendar. The default setting should not allow anyone to put spam on our calendar. Microsoft has been writing code longer than anyone and you can't do this one simple task? Are you reading this ?? I guess not. I have your premium account and get more spam in my "Focused Mail Account" than real mail. Gmail has zero spam!

    I have looked under every heading and every pull down for the past hour logged in on a Desktop app and do not see anything related to Tracking to uncheck. If there is an option why do you make it so difficult to find. It appears 3000 other folks that have view this topic because they are having the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T16:34:41+00:00

    I sooooo agree with CH .,.. i am getting VERY angry that this issue is still happening!!!
    Open my agenda... i use it for my 3 businesses.... and spending so much time every time to just delete SPAM appointments that have bene set in my agenda.... WTH Microsoft !!!
    As a business we are "this close" to cancel all Office 365 etc etc etc ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T16:47:03+00:00

    Microsoft, I am another dissatisfied and disappointed user with the same undesired calendar invitations issue. Obviously this problem is pervasive and long standing. It is incomprehensible why you refuse to provide a functional solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T17:22:49+00:00

    My phone won’t allow me to just delete the message and the invite isn’t in my email. I have to cut (as if I’m going to paste it somewhere else) each one twice to get rid of it but the first one sent a response. Now my calendar is flooded with spam.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments