How do I block random people adding meetings to my calendar?

Anonymous
2023-05-22T13:11:46+00:00

I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.

If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?

I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-04T14:27:26+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-10T18:33:37+00:00

    According ot my agenda the last few weeks..
    I had to visit at least 20 sex hotels... visit a lot of sexual websites.... started with a diet a 1000 times etc etc etc.
    FIX this ****...
    I DO (!!) use the auto add to agenda for work when people send me mail to set dates etc.
    Using rules is a No go as next day all comes from a new domain ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T16:28:50+00:00

    Can you create a rule that blocks invites from anyone not in your contacts list? That would be ideal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T17:16:52+00:00

    This fix that is recommended is not working. Can you please let me know if I can turn off calendar invites completely.

    Thanks

    Chuck

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-13T20:45:49+00:00

    I want to try this! I don't see the "not in contacts" option in any of the rule options and only emails with "attachments" as how I could block a calendar invite - ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments