Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Nothing more infuriating than these instructions that NEVER match what is actually shown on the screen. Did you verify these instructions?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.
If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?
I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Nothing more infuriating than these instructions that NEVER match what is actually shown on the screen. Did you verify these instructions?
I'm trying to follow these instructions. I'm in Outlook. But where is "File?" So I can't even do Step 1. Where are my kids when I need them? Can someone point me to where "File" is in Outlook? Thank you!
- In Outlook, go to File and then “Options.”
- Then, select “Mail” from the Options menu.
- In the Mail menu, choose “Tracking.”
- Under “Tracking,” deselect the option that says, “Automatically process meeting requests and responses to meeting requests and polls.”
You're welcome.
To the Microsoft techs responding to these questions; you should find another job because you absolutely fail at this one. Setting up rules to block emails will NOT keep meeting invites from being added to your calendar if the option above is still checked.
If this works......a HUGE thank you!! This started up yesterday and every time I delete an event, another one pops up. Ridiculous!
I can't find a setting to just block anyone else from adding to my calendar. I do use the calendar to keep track of things and I prefer not to delete it entirely, but I certainly don't want anyone else, especially spammers, to add to my calendar. I only found a way to block one specific email address. Not helpful. There must be a way to block everyone--but I can't find it. Please help! TIA.
My phone won’t allow me to just delete the message and the invite isn’t in my email. I have to cut (as if I’m going to paste it somewhere else) each one twice to get rid of it but the first one sent a response. Now my calendar is flooded with spam.