How do I block random people adding meetings to my calendar?

Anonymous
2023-05-22T13:11:46+00:00

I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.

If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?

I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T19:45:44+00:00

    Eleni,

    The resolution to create individual rules for every spam email address is completely unreasonable. Feels like a slap in the face, honestly. As a Microsoft Forum Modulator, you need to escalate this issue to whoever necessary for the issue to be addressed in a more realistic and permanent way.

    How is it that Microsoft charges for the Office 365 subscription but isn't able to spare the resources and provide support to resolve such a nuisance of a problem!? The addition of a simple setting that would prevent email addresses calendar invitations, not in the user's list of contacts or business organization's list of users, to show on the user's calendar unless accepted, should prevent this.

    Please have Outlook's Software Team figure this out.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-25T11:55:37+00:00

    Two of the most ridiculous aspects are:

    1. that you can't add a rule yourself to block invites from all or even non-contacts.
    2. Should be able to turn of Microsoft Calendar all together, should be an opt-in not an opt-out option anyway
    3. Maybe the most ridiculous part is that it adds events from items in the junk mail folder!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-25T11:54:39+00:00

    Two of the most ridiculous aspects are:

    1. that you can't add a rule yourself to block invites from all or even non-contacts.
    2. Should be able to turn of Microsoft Calendar all together, should be an opt-in not an opt-out option anyway
    3. Maybe the most ridiculous part is that it adds events from items in the junk mail folder!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-23T20:29:22+00:00

    In Outlook - there is no "File" option - try again...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-23T20:25:11+00:00

    I'm sorry - this absolutely does NOT work.

    1. It means you have to open your Outlook on a PC to apply the rule. If you open email on a non-PC device first, it does not process your rule.
    2. It only moves the email into your spam or deleted folder - whichever you select. To actually remove the event, you then have to delete the email from spam/junk folder, AND empty your trash email. Not really practical when getting 20-30 of these events per day.

    Microsoft - give me an option to just BLOCK all connection from email to my calendar. period. EASY!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments