Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Duh! Isn't that what I said?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.
If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?
I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Duh! Isn't that what I said?
Wouldn't it just be easier if Microsoft designed the software not to add anything to your calendar without personal interaction on the end user's part? Seems really strange that just anyone can add a reminder to your calendar.
This is the MOST ridiculous situation with SPAM!!!! How are people able to even to do this? It is VERY irritating to get sexually explicit invites from people using MICROSOFT SOFTWARE!!! I think there could be violations of something called US Code 2272 or something like that.
FIX IT!
Hi Kani,
Greetings! Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community!
For your concerned issue, Microsoft is aware of this problem and are working on filtering those spam meeting invitations out.
There are 2 workarounds for this issue currently:
If you are using a Microsoft 365 business account, please let your Exchange Admin setup mail flow or EOP rules for spam filtering.
We apologize that the permanent solution of this issue is still under investigation from Microsoft. You might want to provide feedback to Microsoft Uservoice.
Appreciated for your understanding and patience!