How do I block random people adding meetings to my calendar?

Anonymous
2023-05-22T13:11:46+00:00

I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.

If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?

I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T17:28:05+00:00

    I totally agree! Some one needs to figure out how to right click on the email in the invite and block that dang things.

    Better yet, how do we stop them from coming in to begin with! They are clogging up my calendar and wasting my time deleting them when I have to schedule something my self! FIX THIS!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T19:58:32+00:00

    I'd love to have Outlooks' Software Team figure it out. How do I do that? I keep getting spam additions to my calendar that are making me crazy. I use that calendar for everything, including reminders to myself, and I'd hate to give it up.

    Thanks so much!

    Meryl

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-23T20:29:22+00:00

    In Outlook - there is no "File" option - try again...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-23T20:25:11+00:00

    I'm sorry - this absolutely does NOT work.

    1. It means you have to open your Outlook on a PC to apply the rule. If you open email on a non-PC device first, it does not process your rule.
    2. It only moves the email into your spam or deleted folder - whichever you select. To actually remove the event, you then have to delete the email from spam/junk folder, AND empty your trash email. Not really practical when getting 20-30 of these events per day.

    Microsoft - give me an option to just BLOCK all connection from email to my calendar. period. EASY!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments