How do I block random people adding meetings to my calendar?

Anonymous
2023-05-22T13:11:46+00:00

I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.

If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?

I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-22T02:39:58+00:00
    1. In Outlook, go to File and then “Options.”
    2. Then, select “Mail” from the Options menu.
    3. In the Mail menu, choose “Tracking.”
    4. Under “Tracking,” deselect the option that says, “Automatically process meeting requests and responses to meeting requests and polls.”

    You're welcome.

    To the Microsoft techs responding to these questions; you should find another job because you absolutely fail at this one. Setting up rules to block emails will NOT keep meeting invites from being added to your calendar if the option above is still checked.

    If this works......a HUGE thank you!! This started up yesterday and every time I delete an event, another one pops up. Ridiculous!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T17:22:49+00:00

    My phone won’t allow me to just delete the message and the invite isn’t in my email. I have to cut (as if I’m going to paste it somewhere else) each one twice to get rid of it but the first one sent a response. Now my calendar is flooded with spam.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T16:34:41+00:00

    I sooooo agree with CH .,.. i am getting VERY angry that this issue is still happening!!!
    Open my agenda... i use it for my 3 businesses.... and spending so much time every time to just delete SPAM appointments that have bene set in my agenda.... WTH Microsoft !!!
    As a business we are "this close" to cancel all Office 365 etc etc etc ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-13T20:45:49+00:00

    I want to try this! I don't see the "not in contacts" option in any of the rule options and only emails with "attachments" as how I could block a calendar invite - ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-10T18:33:37+00:00

    According ot my agenda the last few weeks..
    I had to visit at least 20 sex hotels... visit a lot of sexual websites.... started with a diet a 1000 times etc etc etc.
    FIX this ****...
    I DO (!!) use the auto add to agenda for work when people send me mail to set dates etc.
    Using rules is a No go as next day all comes from a new domain ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments