How do I block random people adding meetings to my calendar?

Anonymous
2023-05-22T13:11:46+00:00

I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.

If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?

I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T09:31:16+00:00

    Is there still no solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T22:45:19+00:00

    So........I have to know in advance the spammer's address? Before they add a spam event on my calendar? That sounds like magical thinking. Not at all helpful. I need a general rule for not allowing anyone not in my contacts to add an event to my calendar. Otherwise it's like playing Whack-A-Mole on my calendar. NOT HELPFUL. Please fix. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-25T11:55:37+00:00

    Two of the most ridiculous aspects are:

    1. that you can't add a rule yourself to block invites from all or even non-contacts.
    2. Should be able to turn of Microsoft Calendar all together, should be an opt-in not an opt-out option anyway
    3. Maybe the most ridiculous part is that it adds events from items in the junk mail folder!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-25T11:54:39+00:00

    Two of the most ridiculous aspects are:

    1. that you can't add a rule yourself to block invites from all or even non-contacts.
    2. Should be able to turn of Microsoft Calendar all together, should be an opt-in not an opt-out option anyway
    3. Maybe the most ridiculous part is that it adds events from items in the junk mail folder!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-22T05:46:19+00:00

    I'm trying to follow these instructions. I'm in Outlook. But where is "File?" So I can't even do Step 1. Where are my kids when I need them? Can someone point me to where "File" is in Outlook? Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments