Outlook "From" Button not working

Anonymous
2023-03-06T23:25:09+00:00

I cannot open the "From" button on an e-mail to change the senders address (I have 5 accounts set up in Outlook on the desktop app). When I try to click on the button nothing happens, when click the icon do not scroll down to select e-mail senders address

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-11T20:46:32+00:00

    ***It works only in Office 365, if you need help for other versions don't hesitate to ask in this conversation thread, I'll help you.***

    You can try this, works for me :)

    1. Open a Command Prompt
    2. Type/paste the two commands below and press Enter after each

    cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun

    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.16130.20218

    Don't need to create a new profile, do it with all office apps close, don't need to restart.

    This version don't have this bug: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/current-channel#version-2302-february-28

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T02:23:34+00:00

    I having the same issue on microsoft outlook 2016, can this method be use too?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T04:49:58+00:00

    If you use the C2R version, you should be able to do it with the version that corresponds to Office 2016. Can you give me the details of any application in your office? In order to give you the appropriate command line for your version. Example:

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T14:45:43+00:00

    Hey, this worked for me. Once rolled backed, I disabled auto updates also.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T14:54:22+00:00

    Beyond frustrating. I followed the dense instructions regarding two lines added to "command prompt" and it worked, very very temporarily.

    when i restarted my PC, I was back to the Outlook problem of being unable to choose account in a new message.

    MS NEEDS TO FIX THIS --- obviously it is a problem for many, many many people who pay good money for MS products. Do I have to go through that COMMAND PROMPT process over and over and over every time the PC is restarted???????????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments