Outlook "From" Button not working

Anonymous
2023-03-06T23:25:09+00:00

I cannot open the "From" button on an e-mail to change the senders address (I have 5 accounts set up in Outlook on the desktop app). When I try to click on the button nothing happens, when click the icon do not scroll down to select e-mail senders address

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-08T06:05:36+00:00

    Thanks Gabriel

    I was on the latest release Version 2303 Build 16227.20258. Just to note that if you click the 'About Outlook' it quotes a different build number at the top of the screen? Anyway I performed the roll back as you explained and was showing the old version BUT the "From button" issue remained.

    Per your previous question, we have MAPI (GMail) and IMAP accounts. MAPI is coming from Google Workspace Sync for Outlook I think.

    See below for information:

    Image

    Is it possible that the profile is corrupted and needs to be re-created?

    Think that my next step is to update to the latest version and re-create the profile. If this does not work then I will use the "contacgt support" as you proposed. I have the "button just" can't get passed the proposed articles stage - Need More Help is permanently loading...

    Thanks,

    Dave

    UPDATE - reverted back to the latest Build. From button still not working with the original profile. Creating a new profile works so far with 3 IMAP accounts. Need to work out how to attach the Google Workspace Outlook Sync to a new profile...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-09T18:25:38+00:00

    I have this build. Problem remains.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-11T12:24:45+00:00

    Just updated to Build 16227.20280. Problem remains.

    Clicking on 'About Outlook' gives slightly different build information:

    Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2303 Build 16.0.16227.20202) 64-bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-11T20:31:51+00:00

    Same problem here, with this versión:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments