Outlook "From" Button not working

Anonymous
2023-03-06T23:25:09+00:00

I cannot open the "From" button on an e-mail to change the senders address (I have 5 accounts set up in Outlook on the desktop app). When I try to click on the button nothing happens, when click the icon do not scroll down to select e-mail senders address

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T19:42:35+00:00

    I installed the update, restarted the computer and it is NOT RESOLVED.

    So frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T19:43:08+00:00

    Dave,

    What accounts do you have in your profile and what types e.g. Exchange, POP, IMAP?

    If you want to confirm this build triggered the issue, try reverting to the prior build and see if From goes back to working, Update history for Microsoft 365 Apps (listed by date) - Office release notes | Microsoft Learn:

    1. Open a Command Prompt
    2. Paste the two commands and press Enter after each

    cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun

    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.16227.20212

    If it does mitigate I think the next step would be to submit an In App ticket to have the team investigate. From Outlook click Help, Contact Support. Not everyone has it but if not let me know and I can contact you from forum moderation and see if I can get it added.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T20:05:24+00:00

    @MartyR123,

    If you are updated to Version 2303 Build 16227.20258 and still repro the issue please submit an In App ticket (Help, Contact Support). Just to double check click File, Office Account, Update Options, Update Now and make sure you have the latest build. There are two builds out for Version 2303 released a couple days apart. The first build did not have the fix but the second build 16227.20258 does.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T20:16:13+00:00

    how do i know what 'build' I have/?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T21:00:46+00:00

    Marty,

    Click File, Office Account, and look for this section below:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments