Outlook "From" Button not working

Anonymous
2023-03-06T23:25:09+00:00

I cannot open the "From" button on an e-mail to change the senders address (I have 5 accounts set up in Outlook on the desktop app). When I try to click on the button nothing happens, when click the icon do not scroll down to select e-mail senders address

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-07T01:43:08+00:00

    Hi Eddison Cruz,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

    Based on your description, you cannot open the "From" button on an e-mail to change the sender's address.

    Before proceeding, I may need to get more detailed information so that I can do some test from my side and better investigating on this issue, so please let me know:

    1. Will you please share me your Outlook version details? Please follow this article What version of Outlook do I have? - Microsoft Support and follow the steps to check. You can also try to check is there is any update for Outlook, click File> Office account> Update options> update now.
    2. Are you using Microsoft365 accounts or personal accounts (which is ended with outlook.com or hotmail.com) or some other 3rd party pop/imap accounts? Which protocol did you use to configure each account?
    3. Please try to repair Office, Right click Windows button- Apps&features >find Office 365 >Modify >Repair. Check whether issue presists.
    4. Did you get any error message when clicking on the "From" button? Wil you please share a screenshot of the view on clicking this button. Since the reply may contain some private information, kindly share via Private message:

    Here are the steps to open private messages:

    To view private messaging options> click your profile picture at the top on the right > select the My Profile option. Click View private message.

    I look forward to your next update in private message for further analysis. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

    Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day!

    Sincerely,

    Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-10T18:00:22+00:00

    Any solution?

    I have the same issue, All was working fine then the button just stopped working, like it is disabled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-10T22:41:06+00:00

    Eddison, Martin,

    The Outlook In App Team has gotten cases on this and they are investigating it. Please check if you can submit a ticket from Outlook by clicking Help, Contact Support.

    If you are blocked, try the following:

    1. Click on the Inbox of the account in Outlook you need to send email and click New Email.
    2. Use web mail until we can get a fix or confirmed workaround

    I will post back when we know more about the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-11T04:04:24+00:00

    Thanks.

    Yes I was doing as you suggest then rolled back to the previous release and it works.

    The problem was introduced with the latest update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T14:17:05+00:00

    Thanks for the update, Martin. The In App Team investigated and found the root cause is if you have an account added to Outlook that is a catch all domain such as *@domain.com. Does that match your configuration? Is it necessary to have that account type added to Outlook?

    If you have that configuration, you could remove it to address the issue. If that is necessary to remain in your profile, then I would wait and see if this will be fixed. A bug has been escalated for the issue. I'll post back when I know more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments