Outlook "From" Button not working

Anonymous
2023-03-06T23:25:09+00:00

I cannot open the "From" button on an e-mail to change the senders address (I have 5 accounts set up in Outlook on the desktop app). When I try to click on the button nothing happens, when click the icon do not scroll down to select e-mail senders address

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-14T09:54:06+00:00

    Gabriel,

    Please accept my sincere apologies, as I was mistaken. I just contacted one of the users I thought had the problem, only to discover they do not. I misunderstood their comments after they had received an email from me sent from the catch-all account and were perturbed by it.

    Thank you for the workaround. It works perfectly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T17:06:53+00:00

    James,

    Please have one of the other users without a catch all domain open an In App ticket for us to investigate (Help, Contact Support). The catch all domain is the only root cause we know of so far.

    If you need to workaround it you can revert to the prior build:

    1. Open a Command Prompt
    2. Type/paste the two commands below and press Enter after each

    cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun

    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.16026.20200

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T16:22:37+00:00

    I have this problem on my system, where I have a catch-all domain; however, I am receiving reports from other users that they are experiencing the same problem on systems that have multiple email accounts that do not include a catch-all domain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T14:28:59+00:00

    Hi Gabriel,

    Many thanks for the info.

    Yes I have several catch all accounts. I need them for mail receiving, not sending though. i will not update for now then.

    Would appreciate being informed when fixed, thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T14:17:05+00:00

    Thanks for the update, Martin. The In App Team investigated and found the root cause is if you have an account added to Outlook that is a catch all domain such as *@domain.com. Does that match your configuration? Is it necessary to have that account type added to Outlook?

    If you have that configuration, you could remove it to address the issue. If that is necessary to remain in your profile, then I would wait and see if this will be fixed. A bug has been escalated for the issue. I'll post back when I know more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments