Outlook "From" Button not working

Anonymous
2023-03-06T23:25:09+00:00

I cannot open the "From" button on an e-mail to change the senders address (I have 5 accounts set up in Outlook on the desktop app). When I try to click on the button nothing happens, when click the icon do not scroll down to select e-mail senders address

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T19:19:09+00:00

    Hi all,

    The Outlook Team just reverted the original From dropdown fix for the Catch-all domain scenario *@domain.com. When this thread was created that was the issue that was escalated. The fix for the Catch-all domain scenario broke a different scenario with Google Workspace Sync and related.

    If you have the Catch-all domain configured in your Outlook Profile the original issue will return shortly, probably after a couple Outlook restarts. Another fix will be implemented for this, and I can post back when we know that fix is ready. If you have Google Workspace Sync then this change today should address your issue.


    Here are my notes with more details and versions to help explain:

    1. The original issue when this forum thread was created in early March was caused by a bug with how Outlook handles Catch-all addresses such as *@domain.com. You should probably know if you have a Catch-all domain in your Outlook profile. It's not a super common configuration and not easily possible to setup in current builds of Outlook.
    • Issue repros in build 16130.20218 but not in the previous build of 16026.20200
    • Issue was fixed in Version 2304 Build 16323.10000. Fix was then backported to Version 2303 Build 16227.20202 and Version 2302 Build 16130.20384.
    1. From field stopped working for other scenarios including some reports with Google Workspace Sync.
    • Issue appears to have started after the fixed builds above so any of the fix versions above would be expected to cause it.

    Based on the forum reports and support tickets it appears the second scenario is more impactful. The Outlook Team is reverting the fix for #1 above which would address #2. Then the Outlook Team will work on a new fix for #1 above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T17:30:53+00:00

    I just got a message to update my Office 365, and the new update fixed the issue. 😀

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T11:50:55+00:00

    I tried (Help > Contact Support), but it hangs, showing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-13T22:12:55+00:00

    I just updated this afternoon (around 3pm) to Build 16130.20332 and this update has resolved the issue! It also fixed a separate issue I was having with my signature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-13T20:09:03+00:00

    Hello.

    Yes, my "From" button in Outlook has stopped working. Very frustrating! I have five separate email addresses and could choose which email to send from. I contacted support and they created a new Outlook profile, but this didn't fix the issue. I also tried the online "repair" option for Office, without success. I feel that this issue began happening sometime in March. Initially, it happened for a few days; then it returned to normal. Then, after a few more days, it stopped working and has stayed that way. Was there an update done at that time?

    One more thing I have noticed when I turn on Outlook is that it has developed an unusual loading appearance. It is like a black right-side border that moves across the page.

    Microsoft, please fix this issue via an update as soon as possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments