Outlook "From" Button not working

Anonymous
2023-03-06T23:25:09+00:00

I cannot open the "From" button on an e-mail to change the senders address (I have 5 accounts set up in Outlook on the desktop app). When I try to click on the button nothing happens, when click the icon do not scroll down to select e-mail senders address

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T02:23:34+00:00

    I having the same issue on microsoft outlook 2016, can this method be use too?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-11T20:46:32+00:00

    ***It works only in Office 365, if you need help for other versions don't hesitate to ask in this conversation thread, I'll help you.***

    You can try this, works for me :)

    1. Open a Command Prompt
    2. Type/paste the two commands below and press Enter after each

    cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun

    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.16130.20218

    Don't need to create a new profile, do it with all office apps close, don't need to restart.

    This version don't have this bug: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/current-channel#version-2302-february-28

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-11T20:31:51+00:00

    Same problem here, with this versión:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-11T12:24:45+00:00

    Just updated to Build 16227.20280. Problem remains.

    Clicking on 'About Outlook' gives slightly different build information:

    Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2303 Build 16.0.16227.20202) 64-bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more