Outlook "From" Button not working

Anonymous
2023-03-06T23:25:09+00:00

I cannot open the "From" button on an e-mail to change the senders address (I have 5 accounts set up in Outlook on the desktop app). When I try to click on the button nothing happens, when click the icon do not scroll down to select e-mail senders address

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T15:18:32+00:00

    Update installed confirming that i have access to change the from email address again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T14:50:45+00:00

    Hi all,

    I see Office just released a new build 16227.20258. I suspect this build should have the fix. If anyone can update and confirm please do. To update to this build click File, Office Account, Update Options, Update Now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T17:30:12+00:00

    Thanks for the info!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T15:55:21+00:00

    PS_1711,

    To stop Outlook from updating click File, Office Account, Update Options, Disable Updates. Put a reminder on your calendar for 4/12/23 to do the same steps but re-enable updates. We expect the fix to be in the Patch Tuesday build 4/11/23 but it sometimes goes out slowly at first so I would check 4/12.23.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T14:55:26+00:00

    Duncan,

    Since the bug was just submitted it is still being investigated. I'll post back when we know the fix will be. If you urgently need to workaround it you can revert to the prior version:

    If you need to workaround it you can revert to the prior build:

    1. Open a Command Prompt
    2. Type/paste the two commands below and press Enter after each

    cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun

    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.16026.20200

    I'm having the same issue with one of our users who reported it on Friday. We reverted the version, but it updated again today. Will MS be fixing this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments