Outlook "From" Button not working

Anonymous
2023-03-06T23:25:09+00:00

I cannot open the "From" button on an e-mail to change the senders address (I have 5 accounts set up in Outlook on the desktop app). When I try to click on the button nothing happens, when click the icon do not scroll down to select e-mail senders address

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T15:26:58+00:00

    I have now been told it will be fixed in the next OUTLOOK update, to be issued 24-48 hours.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T19:43:08+00:00

    Dave,

    What accounts do you have in your profile and what types e.g. Exchange, POP, IMAP?

    If you want to confirm this build triggered the issue, try reverting to the prior build and see if From goes back to working, Update history for Microsoft 365 Apps (listed by date) - Office release notes | Microsoft Learn:

    1. Open a Command Prompt
    2. Paste the two commands and press Enter after each

    cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun

    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.16227.20212

    If it does mitigate I think the next step would be to submit an In App ticket to have the team investigate. From Outlook click Help, Contact Support. Not everyone has it but if not let me know and I can contact you from forum moderation and see if I can get it added.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T08:55:14+00:00

    So another update released and still not fixed. is there a workflow for this bug ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T17:06:53+00:00

    James,

    Please have one of the other users without a catch all domain open an In App ticket for us to investigate (Help, Contact Support). The catch all domain is the only root cause we know of so far.

    If you need to workaround it you can revert to the prior build:

    1. Open a Command Prompt
    2. Type/paste the two commands below and press Enter after each

    cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun

    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.16026.20200

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-11T04:04:24+00:00

    Thanks.

    Yes I was doing as you suggest then rolled back to the previous release and it works.

    The problem was introduced with the latest update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments