Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T21:00:12+00:00

    Yes I have been noticing it updating now. Haven't tested different meetings but the one I received from a Zoom invite is working and adding the reminder! Not sure on Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-15T13:41:08+00:00

    Just tested using a gmail calendar entry to my work Outlook/Exchange account. I set a 0 minute reminder on the gmail invite and my work Outlook client did not set the 30 minute reminder that I have set in the Outlook client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-28T08:00:32+00:00

    My Client uses an M365 server with hundreds of employees. they all use outlook 365 for emails.

    I'm a one-man band but my ISP also uses an M365 email server. I'm using Outlook 2019.

    When my client sends an invite to internal colleagues and to me the internal colleagues will have the reminder set as per the email he sends out. When I receive the invite the reminder is set to None. It doesn't seem to make any difference if my client uses the default reminder or sets a different one. I still get no reminder time set.

    So somewhere along the lines the reminder setting is being lost.

    I agree with other commenters that there should be an option to add a reminder time to INCOMING meeting request that do not have a reminder. (or to override the reminder if my chosen reminder time is longer than that in the meeting request)

    I do not agree with commenters that say that the sender should not be able to set a reminder for a meeting. The reminder time setting is there for the meeting organiser to 'nudge' the participants that the meeting is due to start.

    Interestingly when I send a meeting invite to a colleague at my client the reminder time is set to what ever I set it to.

    K

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T19:16:50+00:00

    This is NOT just a Google mail issue. I have a co-worker who uses Outlook (as we all do) and set the meeting reminder to None, based on their preference.

    I would like a way to ALWAYS have some reminder for ALL of my calendar invites, even if the creator specified No Reminder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T09:22:50+00:00

    Hi

    I think I've confirmed that this is a problem with Outlook.

    A client sent me a meeting request. Instead of doing what usually do (just accept it) I clicked to show me my calendar where the new meeting shows up. I double clicked the meeting and the reminder was set to 15 minutes as it should be.

    Then I went back to email and accepted the meeting.

    Then I went back to my calendar and opened the meeting again. Now the meeting reminder is set to None.

    So Outlook knew that the incoming meeting request had a 15 minute reminder and then deleted that reminder.

    However. the same meeting request sent to a different email address (different domain, different ISP) accessed from a different computer resulted in the correct reminder being set after the meeting was accepted.

    I access both email accounts on different computers (both Windows 11 fully up to date) using IMAP with Outlook 2019 (fully up to date) as my email client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments