Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-01T20:34:53+00:00

    I'm replying to add that it's not JUST external platforms that aren't using Microsoft - it's any invites I get from an external team. It can be Microsoft OR Google and my calendar notification setting will not be honored.

    What is the purpose of having the feature if you can only use it for internal meeting invites? So silly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-02T12:45:27+00:00

    The intended purpose of the feature is to set the default reminder for new meetings you're creating and inviting other people to. Which is not how people interpret it, and not how it should be anyways. I shouldn't be able to set reminders for other people, and they shouldn't be able to set them for me.

    Internally it tends not to be too noticeable because most people don't change this setting and it seems to default to 15 minutes, so it just happens to work out most of the time. I had a coworker who for some reason changed this to never, so every time she invited me to a meeting I would be late or miss it.

    And then for some reason, external invites default to never all the time. But even if they fixed that, they really need to completely change the purpose of the feature. It should only be a setting for our own calendars. It shouldn't have anything to do with setting what the reminder should be on other people's calendars. That shouldn't even be an option when setting up meetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-02T13:26:14+00:00

    I have found that it defaults to Never. If they would just change the default to 15 then at least you would get a reminder when someone sends. I find a lot of people have no idea that you can change the default. Very frustrating. Makes you look bad when you miss a meeting because you did not get a reminder. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T20:37:06+00:00

    Holy snakes this is a dumb problem not to have resolved. I'm accepting the invite on MY calendar... please display the reminder control so I can set my reminder when I accept the meeting! I'm fine if it's buried in a menu somewhere! Just make it available!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T20:45:34+00:00

    Is it me, or is it fixed?

    I noticed the last few days my invites are showing. Does anyone else see the same?

    I possibly need a few more meetings to verify.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments