Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-10T20:09:01+00:00

    How is this still a problem? Any invite coming into outlook should have the USERS DEFAULT reminder applied unless the USER overrides it. Its an obvious flaw. Do Microsoft employees not get invites from external companies using other email clients? Please fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-10T20:51:16+00:00

    My thoughts exactly

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T22:50:40+00:00

    Just adding my voice to this issue. I have already manually set every setting available within Outlook to automatically add my default reminder to every calendar event on my account, and yet Outlook itself does not do this for me despite the settings being set to do it. This makes the setting misleading and confusing and it makes me angry that the product doesn't work the way it should and the way I need it to work for me.

    If the automatic reminder is to be set by the sender of a meeting, then I don't need a setting on my side that claims it will do this for me. If I have a setting on my side that says it will do this for me, then I expect it to do just that, and it doesn't.

    So regardless of what another company's product does or doesn't do, Microsoft's product does not do what it says it does and what its users tell it to do. That is a bug, even if the bug is just miswording what that setting is supposed to do.

    Microsoft, please fix. Outlook has had calendars with reminders for decades. It's well past time for this functionality to be in the product. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-28T14:28:12+00:00

    Just missed the start of another meeting thanks to it being "Don't Remind Me" instead of using my settings for my Outlook calendar items, which is 15 minutes.

    I should not be able to set the reminder settings for calendar items on someone else's calendar. Someone else should not be able to determine what the reminder settings are on my calendar.

    Whether that someone else is within my organization using Outlook, or is external and using Google Calendar, it should have absolutely no bearing on what the default reminders are on my calendar and my calendar items.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T01:22:37+00:00

    This has been a problem for quite some time, but usually I've had some support, and will get a coworker that pings me on our team chat, but I've been late to, or missed more than a hand full of meetings as a result of this bug - Please address this! Allowing to set an inbox rule to correct the missing reminder on ALL calendar invites, fixing the bug that I assume is a type mis-match, or NULL variable between exchange and google, or whatever. This has been an issue since "the new outlook" came on the scene a couple years ago at this point...

    Thanks for your help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments