Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-24T08:24:29+00:00

    @Microsoft:

    I have the same issue.

    My colleague, working in the same organisation and using Outlook, has a personal preference to *not* set automatic reminders. I do prefer to be reminded and have checked automatic reminders.

    The meeting invites from this colleague do not have automatic reminders (because of his personal preference) as I found out the hard way by being late or even missing meetings.

    I would expect Outlook to respect my account settings and add automatic reminders - even when not included in the invite - to all invites I accept.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-31T17:37:02+00:00

    I accept that there may be something going awry when a calendar invitation is coming from the Google system. However, I don't think the reminder of an appointment/meeting should be set by the sender but, instead, should be set (controlled) by the recipient. Hence why this question (issue) is being presented to the Outlook team.

    In summary, I am requesting the ability to manage reminders and set them automatically (even overriding preset reminders) within my Outlook account/client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-03T18:09:03+00:00

    I have the same issue with pretty much any invite that comes from outside my organization, from any platform (Google, Zoom, etc).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-03T19:14:35+00:00

    Given so many folks are reporting this issue, and it would be trivial for Microsoft to fix it on their end, I don't think it matters who's really at fault here. Please just fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-07T18:10:35+00:00

    Many of the meeting invites I receive do not have a reminder set. This causes me to miss meetings. I don't know what email/calendar software the sender is using.

    I have my default reminder configured to set a 1-hour reminder for meetings. It seems my settings do not take effect for received invites. Since it is my calendar, my settings should take precedence over the settings of the sender.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments