Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-08T21:02:54+00:00

    Same is happening to me. Can manually put in the reminder but I have missed some very important meetings from this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-06T18:11:35+00:00

    Thanks, great suggestion. I just did!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-06T01:07:31+00:00

    Please report this bug to Microsoft directly. The more people do this, the better:

    click File>choose Feedback>select Suggest a Feature>input your suggestions

    You can reference this and other threads discussing this issue:

    Hello, I would like to report that calendar invites received from Google Email users don't honor Outlook's default notification setting. Please see below Microsoft Community threads for details. I think this is a severe issue because several people in these threads have reported missed important business meetings due to this bug.

    Threads:

    1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/outlook-default-meeting-reminders-notifications/d9ffd0e9-4071-4181-ab4b-a3b3bf02cbd7
    2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/meeting-reminders-from-google-workspace-getting/fb4358eb-1df5-44e6-8b92-3c49d0d1bd57
    3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/outlook-not-updating-event-information-sent-from/a262eb60-5447-4839-871d-091138c976a3
    4. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/reminders-not-set-on-meeting-invites/d41d3766-6870-406c-9ce4-a853226e574a
    5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/outlook-for-office-default-calendar-reminders-not/727c9e92-1316-4c2b-86c7-40bab6f9022d
    6. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/reminders-for-external-invites-in-outlook-now/c8fc871a-8806-4926-9b06-06c7d4e33265

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-15T18:04:39+00:00

    Can confirm that I have the exact same issues when invites are sent via Google servers (personal Gmail or corporate Gsuite / Google Workspace accounts).

    This should be a high priority fix, given Outlook users are inevitably going to miss important meetings eventually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-18T14:35:04+00:00

    Hi! I'm having the exact same issue and I'm wondering the exact same thing. Hope we can figure this out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments