Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T12:27:50+00:00

    This is really amazing. Why would such an issue exist for so long?

    Even just an option to set a notification for each event on the apps would be a proper solution. Like others said. it's not convenient that there is no popup/reminder of these events.

    Luckily I have an Apple watch which at least shows me what's coming up so I usually do remember. However, if I'm into some task I might miss external meetings or come late.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-06T00:45:32+00:00

    Yes, I am having the same issue. The default reminder is not set automatically when the invite is coming from external.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-20T19:54:41+00:00

    Yeah I think it's probably not just Google Mail, but that's the counterparty that I came across most frequently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-20T18:54:50+00:00

    Actually you are right, mine is doing same for anyone outside org too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-20T14:50:02+00:00

    Same here, but it's from any non-Microsoft email service. I am not using the Outlook desktop app. I am using Windows calendar and/or the O365 calendar with the Edge browser. No change if I accept the invite from the Outlook mobile app, either.

    O365 Exchange just doesn't recognize an accepted calendar invite from an outside organization, at least non-Microsoft senders, and assign a reminder to it. I will report this in the Feedback hub but there is a character limit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments