Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-01T20:34:53+00:00

    I'm replying to add that it's not JUST external platforms that aren't using Microsoft - it's any invites I get from an external team. It can be Microsoft OR Google and my calendar notification setting will not be honored.

    What is the purpose of having the feature if you can only use it for internal meeting invites? So silly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-18T11:54:34+00:00

    @Microsoft,

    I think the product/outlook should have 3 layers for appointments:

    a. The external layer - whatever the external person/organization setup.

    b. The organization of the "employee" level - so for example if I want to book a room at my company I can. - this is something we also need. For now, we just set up a parallel meeting with the room, which is quite weird.

    c. The personal level, where the user can set up his notifications/notes without changing anything for others.

    This is also important for shared calendars.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-18T10:21:53+00:00

    Really sad, still exists and I have the same issue. It is tedious to inspect every single appointment to see if there is a notification.

    I do not understand how such simple usability features are not there for such expensive products. For me reporting via Feedback in Outlook is blocked so my only option is to keep this thread alive and hope.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-25T07:00:34+00:00

    Hi there,

    I can have the same issue, I get no reminders for meetings.
    Is there still no solution for this bug?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more