Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-28T14:28:12+00:00

    Just missed the start of another meeting thanks to it being "Don't Remind Me" instead of using my settings for my Outlook calendar items, which is 15 minutes.

    I should not be able to set the reminder settings for calendar items on someone else's calendar. Someone else should not be able to determine what the reminder settings are on my calendar.

    Whether that someone else is within my organization using Outlook, or is external and using Google Calendar, it should have absolutely no bearing on what the default reminders are on my calendar and my calendar items.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-07T18:10:35+00:00

    Many of the meeting invites I receive do not have a reminder set. This causes me to miss meetings. I don't know what email/calendar software the sender is using.

    I have my default reminder configured to set a 1-hour reminder for meetings. It seems my settings do not take effect for received invites. Since it is my calendar, my settings should take precedence over the settings of the sender.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T19:16:50+00:00

    This is NOT just a Google mail issue. I have a co-worker who uses Outlook (as we all do) and set the meeting reminder to None, based on their preference.

    I would like a way to ALWAYS have some reminder for ALL of my calendar invites, even if the creator specified No Reminder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-10T20:09:01+00:00

    How is this still a problem? Any invite coming into outlook should have the USERS DEFAULT reminder applied unless the USER overrides it. Its an obvious flaw. Do Microsoft employees not get invites from external companies using other email clients? Please fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T12:27:50+00:00

    This is really amazing. Why would such an issue exist for so long?

    Even just an option to set a notification for each event on the apps would be a proper solution. Like others said. it's not convenient that there is no popup/reminder of these events.

    Luckily I have an Apple watch which at least shows me what's coming up so I usually do remember. However, if I'm into some task I might miss external meetings or come late.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments