Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T12:39:35+00:00

    Hi Shyamal,

    Thanks for taking care of my question.

    The invites are mostly coming from Google Calendar and I know how to set the reminders manually, I just wondered how I could get those reminders set automatically because we are receiving lots of invites and accepting them directly when the email invite comes. So, it would take much time if we have to go to every invite in the calendar to see which one doesnt have the reminder (only the ones from external apps) and set the reminders manually.

    I'm just looking for a workaround to save time and not to miss any more meetings.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-24T08:24:29+00:00

    @Microsoft:

    I have the same issue.

    My colleague, working in the same organisation and using Outlook, has a personal preference to *not* set automatic reminders. I do prefer to be reminded and have checked automatic reminders.

    The meeting invites from this colleague do not have automatic reminders (because of his personal preference) as I found out the hard way by being late or even missing meetings.

    I would expect Outlook to respect my account settings and add automatic reminders - even when not included in the invite - to all invites I accept.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-24T17:40:58+00:00

    Nicole,

    Not yet it seems... it's frustrating, and I've been late for a half-dozen meetings as a result. A simple setting like "Default reminder on ALL calendar entries" would be nice? Or a rule we can create to have Outlook ADD a reminder when a meeting request from Google Meet comes in? This seems like a really small issue to fix...

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-31T17:37:02+00:00

    I accept that there may be something going awry when a calendar invitation is coming from the Google system. However, I don't think the reminder of an appointment/meeting should be set by the sender but, instead, should be set (controlled) by the recipient. Hence why this question (issue) is being presented to the Outlook team.

    In summary, I am requesting the ability to manage reminders and set them automatically (even overriding preset reminders) within my Outlook account/client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-14T19:35:57+00:00

    I have been working on this issue for a while and have confirmed that the issue is on Google's side. The problem exists where a meeting is created in Google Calendar and the reminder value is not modified, but remains at whatever its default setting is configured to.  Apparently, when the reminder is set to the default value, Google ignores the reminder setting when it creates the ICS file.  If you change that default reminder to anything, it will trigger that setting to be added to the ICS file. Since we are not able to control how meeting invites are configured when they are sent, it would be great if there was a way to configure Outlook to automatically set a reminder on every event where the reminder is set to "none".

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments