Import greyed out in Outlook for Mac

Anonymous
2022-02-19T12:18:08+00:00

Installed Office365/Outlook on a brand new Mac running Monterey and setup my email account. Need to import a PST from previous computer. File > Import (and Export) are greyed out. Mac user is an admin.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-01T15:58:49+00:00

    I don't understand. Functionality of Outlook on mac is about 15-20% of windows' version.
    New outlook on mac is practically non-functional. I can't import anything. Solution above is mad. When i unchecked 'new outlook' and import emails from backup / *.pst and I change to "new outlook" there is almost nothing (no importing emails).

    No categorizing, no quick steps, almost . It is not worth $5. Almost everything is greyed out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-31T00:47:20+00:00

    Found a solution that worked for me.

    Click the OUTLOOK menu in the upper left corner of your screen (next to the apple) > click on where it says (NEW OUTLOOK) in the list with the check next to it. This will switch the interface back to the traditional, classic look of Outlook. You'll need to re-add your email account (???? smh) but after setup magically the options are no longer greyed out. A really simple fix that is completely non-intuitive for the user. Ridiculous. There's no less than a dozen posts about this issue and no solutions. Seriously, come on Microsoft. Do better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-29T14:06:26+00:00

    I am also having the same issue please help to resolve this....

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-11T01:05:46+00:00

    Try using the Outlook menu:

    I understand this is not idea. Microsoft really should support exporting Contacts to CSV at least. Right now we have to rely on third party solutions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-03-10T18:11:30+00:00

    I too have the same issue of the export/import is greyed out. My toggle button is also missing - no longer on the top right corner.

    I am trying to export some calendar events to excel so that I can generate a report and assess some data analytics.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments