Import greyed out in Outlook for Mac

Anonymous
2022-02-19T12:18:08+00:00

Installed Office365/Outlook on a brand new Mac running Monterey and setup my email account. Need to import a PST from previous computer. File > Import (and Export) are greyed out. Mac user is an admin.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-30T22:13:38+00:00

    In Outlook version 16.68 I can no longer find the option to switch between old/new Outlook. And the Import meny item is still greyed out. Is it then impossible to import .pst files in Outlook?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-28T15:37:59+00:00

    I am using New Outlook in a MacBook Air M2 and import/export is greyed out.

    I don't see why I have to revert to Old Outlook to get import/export contacts/calendar to work.

    I have purchased the software and expect it to work.

    Microsoft, please sort this out.

    Bob (UK)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-28T17:00:43+00:00

    New Outlook is almost entirely unusable.

    You also cannot update sender contact information (the name that appears in peoples inboxes) from that app. You have to log into the admin portal, change the contact info, remove the account from Outlook and re-add it to get the change to show up.

    I spent 2 hours trying to get my noreply email to not show my full name on outgoing emails.

    :/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-28T15:54:12+00:00

    This new Outlook is garbage. My Outlook went kaputt yesterday, and my last backup was nearly two weeks ago. I have a personal and work email I need to link, and it's an absolute battle. Then the import option is grayed out? ****? There goes my weekend, and a bunch of customers upset because I can't get back to them in a timely manner. Can you send Bill Gates to my house to do the yardwork I should be doing this weekend? What a load of $#!% this all is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-20T09:05:05+00:00

    I too have the same issue of the export/import is greyed out. My toggle button is also missing - no longer on the top right corner.

    I am trying to export some calendar events to excel so that I can generate a report and assess some data analytics.

    same issue pliz help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments