Import greyed out in Outlook for Mac

Anonymous
2022-02-19T12:18:08+00:00

Installed Office365/Outlook on a brand new Mac running Monterey and setup my email account. Need to import a PST from previous computer. File > Import (and Export) are greyed out. Mac user is an admin.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-26T21:34:45+00:00

    what a joke...having to revert back to the older version so we can upload a MS CSV file

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T03:22:48+00:00

    Marty Wong...having spent 15 years living in Shenzhen PRC...you'll know its a shared sense of humour when I say "Marty you are not "wong"...you are so spot on"..., I, too have wasted at least 5-6 hours thinking I am an effwit not being able to work this out. Thanks for restoring my sanity at least. Happy New Year Xin Nian Kua Le or Gong Xi Fa Cai.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-18T12:52:44+00:00

    Marty Wong. Your description of the current situation with New Outlook for Mac is excellent. Why indeed do Microsoft sell software that does not work. It appear also that this situation has existed for a long time. Microsoft, please fix this as soon as possible. Bob UK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-18T04:22:00+00:00

    I moved from windows to macbook recently. I have the latest microsoft 365. The import/export function was greyed out in my case too. I follow the community instruction and change the new outlook to the legacy outlook in order to import the mails from the old PC. After that, I successfully import the mails from the old PC. However, the mails are not integrated into my existing mail folders, and instead they are hidden in a backup folder under "on my computer". I understand there are a lot of compatibility problems between windows and mac, but I found that this is increasingly unacceptable since the same bug can be traced to a few years ago and yet microsoft cannot or would not fix it.

    The old mails are now in a hidden box, a little better than in the trash box. However, I don't think this is the level of program service that microsoft should do or accept. I expect the transfer can be fully integrated into the existing mail folders with different email accounts.

    Secondly, if the new outlook does not support the function, fix it or do not put it out as a product or feature. It is wasting the consumer time to look for the reason why the latest and updated version of the program is not working. If you want to test it, there is a type of programs call "the beta". Do not call it "new outlook", call it "beta-outlook" and so people can expect more bugs they may face.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments