Import greyed out in Outlook for Mac

Anonymous
2022-02-19T12:18:08+00:00

Installed Office365/Outlook on a brand new Mac running Monterey and setup my email account. Need to import a PST from previous computer. File > Import (and Export) are greyed out. Mac user is an admin.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-09T22:55:25+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same issue. Because Contact Lists are not shown in the new Outlook, I reverted to old Outlook. I managed to export my Contacts (assuming including Contact Lists). I went to new Outlook afterwards. Now I cannot import as it is grey out as below:

    I have a Microsoft account added to new Outlook and I am not sure why it is so impossible to import contacts in macOS Outlook version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-19T17:14:32+00:00

    Hello JeraldJ,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    Regarding your issue, we would like confirm does this issue occurs in new Outlook for Mac or new classic outlook for mac or classic Outlook for Mac? You may try to switch Outlook version by turn on/off new outlook option from the top right corner side of the outlook app and check if you found any difference. From our end, we have switched to New/Classic outlook version and able to use import/export option.

    If this option is not visible in old/classic outlook version, request you to please kindly provide us complete screenshot of your outlook version ) and screenshot of your issue, so we can check and assist you further.

    Kind Regards,

    Tommy

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments