Import greyed out in Outlook for Mac

Anonymous
2022-02-19T12:18:08+00:00

Installed Office365/Outlook on a brand new Mac running Monterey and setup my email account. Need to import a PST from previous computer. File > Import (and Export) are greyed out. Mac user is an admin.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T07:32:07+00:00

    Hi Folks I too battled with the stupid outlook having import disabled.

    But much googling found the answer.

    I opened my Contacts on my Mac, The standard Mac one with the little brown Icon with the coloured tabs. I selected all my contacts, Command A didn't work for me. So I just selected the top name and held Shift and selected the last name that got them all.

    Then Choose Export as a VCard and saved to my desktop.

    Then opened new outlook chose the little person icon on the bottom left of the screen.

    this then showed my account name and a tab named contacts in blue writing.

    Just dragged the exported file from my desktop to the contacts tab. It didn't immediately select but after a bit of positioning it selected. and the files were imported. I only had 280 names but they went straight in within a few seconds.

    Only thing I haven't solved is when you start a new email Outlook doesn't choose the new address book by default. but you can go to the address book and choose the name you want and select send email. The windows variant doesn't either so I will heave to work this out later. But the names are there.

    Doesn't auto update if you add a new name to the contacts file, but I can live with that for the time being.

    Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T15:01:59+00:00

    Worked very well for me. I had to create again all accounts, now I have all my PST files but all contacts disappeared. Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-13T21:06:27+00:00

    This is absolutely ridiculous... like others have said, Outlook on Mac has about 20% the functionality compared to the Windows version. I want to be able to switch to my Mac to carry on working at home, but I just can't because of **** like this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-30T03:41:45+00:00

    This is terrible!!New outlook is dreadful. Been working nights and weekends trying to get my outlook back up to speed after buying a new mac. Im almost over it!!! Microsoft... ???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more