Import greyed out in Outlook for Mac

Anonymous
2022-02-19T12:18:08+00:00

Installed Office365/Outlook on a brand new Mac running Monterey and setup my email account. Need to import a PST from previous computer. File > Import (and Export) are greyed out. Mac user is an admin.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-28T06:36:33+00:00

    I manage to import my .pst files using steps below:

    1. Uncheck 'New Outlook' at the top left 'Outlook'
    2. Import the .pst files after switch to Old outlook
    3. Check 'New Outlook' again
    4. go the 'On my computer'
    5. in your focused tab should have a import button, click and import .

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-15T17:58:51+00:00

    it works

    1 tab help revert to legacy - submit
    2 import as usual
    3 back to new outlook at top right

    4 click on my computer

    5 click inbox or outbox - import

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-18T12:52:44+00:00

    Marty Wong. Your description of the current situation with New Outlook for Mac is excellent. Why indeed do Microsoft sell software that does not work. It appear also that this situation has existed for a long time. Microsoft, please fix this as soon as possible. Bob UK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-28T15:37:59+00:00

    I am using New Outlook in a MacBook Air M2 and import/export is greyed out.

    I don't see why I have to revert to Old Outlook to get import/export contacts/calendar to work.

    I have purchased the software and expect it to work.

    Microsoft, please sort this out.

    Bob (UK)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-28T15:54:12+00:00

    This new Outlook is garbage. My Outlook went kaputt yesterday, and my last backup was nearly two weeks ago. I have a personal and work email I need to link, and it's an absolute battle. Then the import option is grayed out? ****? There goes my weekend, and a bunch of customers upset because I can't get back to them in a timely manner. Can you send Bill Gates to my house to do the yardwork I should be doing this weekend? What a load of $#!% this all is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments