Import greyed out in Outlook for Mac

Anonymous
2022-02-19T12:18:08+00:00

Installed Office365/Outlook on a brand new Mac running Monterey and setup my email account. Need to import a PST from previous computer. File > Import (and Export) are greyed out. Mac user is an admin.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T04:34:56+00:00

    I had this same problem too. Microsoft Support informed me that the new Outlook version has been released for testing purposes and they have not released all the features - this includes the import and export functions. They did not give an estimated timeframe for when the rest of the features will be available, which doesn't inspire confidence considering it's been over year since the new Outlook was released.

    The legacy version of Outlook is the normal version with all the features available so like the others here, I was able to use the export/import features when I reverted back the legacy version. You can switch between the two versions by going Outlook -> New Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-18T04:22:00+00:00

    I moved from windows to macbook recently. I have the latest microsoft 365. The import/export function was greyed out in my case too. I follow the community instruction and change the new outlook to the legacy outlook in order to import the mails from the old PC. After that, I successfully import the mails from the old PC. However, the mails are not integrated into my existing mail folders, and instead they are hidden in a backup folder under "on my computer". I understand there are a lot of compatibility problems between windows and mac, but I found that this is increasingly unacceptable since the same bug can be traced to a few years ago and yet microsoft cannot or would not fix it.

    The old mails are now in a hidden box, a little better than in the trash box. However, I don't think this is the level of program service that microsoft should do or accept. I expect the transfer can be fully integrated into the existing mail folders with different email accounts.

    Secondly, if the new outlook does not support the function, fix it or do not put it out as a product or feature. It is wasting the consumer time to look for the reason why the latest and updated version of the program is not working. If you want to test it, there is a type of programs call "the beta". Do not call it "new outlook", call it "beta-outlook" and so people can expect more bugs they may face.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-20T08:54:11+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-19T17:44:49+00:00

    When are you going to fix it?

    I just get some requests from TaxOffice and I was sure that all answers are in my pst's but... I can't open it.

    I am mad and avery secon more convinced that Mac was a good choice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-03-10T18:11:30+00:00

    I too have the same issue of the export/import is greyed out. My toggle button is also missing - no longer on the top right corner.

    I am trying to export some calendar events to excel so that I can generate a report and assess some data analytics.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments