In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T17:00:58+00:00

    I can't seem to find that can you post screen shots?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T12:05:19+00:00

    Hi,

    Screenshots of how I use it now in old desktop Outlook:

    Thanks for all your comments.

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T16:22:21+00:00

    That is the old outlook. I really wanted to know how to do it in the new outlook and it look like there is no way to send an old outlook template in the new outlook, nor is there a way to save an email as a template in the new outlook. If anyone has a way, I am eager to see it.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T04:44:01+00:00

    Hi,

    I know this doesn't answer the question; however, I have been using "Signatures" for my templates since the New Outlook doesn't allow for forms.

    The Insert "My Template" only allows for plain short text responses.

    I cut & paste my old forms into a signature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-29T00:48:03+00:00

    I'm not sure if you guys know this. Templates have been brought across from the old to the new outlook. Maybe it always was, and we did not look in the right spot.

    All I did was expand the ribbon and select Classic Ribbon, and the My Templates appeared. Someone needs to add this to the simplified ribbon!

    It's just not visible on the Simplified Ribbon. You have to go to More Options to see My Templates on the simplified ribbon.

    hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments