In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T16:18:46+00:00

    Unfortunately this is for the old Outlook. Doesn't work in the New Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T16:29:54+00:00

    I'm using the online version right now. Since the versions look a lot alike has anyone tried:

    1. Select New Mail
    2. Select Insert from the menu
    3. Select Apps

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T18:09:42+00:00

    I'm using the online version right now. Since the versions look a lot alike has anyone tried:

    1. Select New Mail
    2. Select Insert from the menu
    3. Select Apps

    Image

    While that is a help, and can be useful, it lacks the functionality of the old templates.

    For example:

    1. It cannot save the subject of the email
    2. It cannot save attachments
    3. it does not save recipients (the old templates saved any number of recipients CCed or main)

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T13:21:42+00:00

    I've been toggling back & forth the past few days between the old outlook desktop and the new outlook.

    I have found the templates in the new outlook.

    If you are creating an email you can click on the three dots "..." in the top right corner of your message and it will bring a drop down menu. The "My templates" item is there to select. I was able to click on it and the templates that I use in the old version of outlook are available for me to choose from.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T14:28:23+00:00

    Yea it sucks because the templates I use through "old" Outlook are technically what they call "forms," and we use them mainly because they will save attachements, subjects, and recipients. It really blows that they didn't include this feature in new Outlook, it's basically like they regressed the whole functionality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments