In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-13T02:51:36+00:00

    Thank you for your post. I don't use templates as they usually only offer the simplest access to calendars and do not connect to group calendars. In this particular instance, I used a group HTTP request. This allows me to add an event to a group calendar and set parameters that Create an event does not offer. Also, I have never had a problem reading or writing to any calendar whether it was desktop or web based.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-13T20:15:18+00:00

    How do you use Power Automate in place of the forms?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T14:38:53+00:00

    Sorry Paul. I thought you were responding to another one of my posts. No wonder it didn't make sense to me! I don't think you can do what you're wanting to do in the new Outlook. I used to use templates to respond to emails that arrived in my inbox. For a while I flipped the toggle switch back to the old version just to use that template. Now, I use a form created in Word and when an item arrives in an outlook folder Power Automate kicks off, uses the information from the email, fills that form and then emails the response. I miss the ease of templates too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-28T17:47:26+00:00

    Paul,

    I just stumbled on this Youtube video, 11 Must-Know OUTLOOK Tips and Tricks For PRODUCTIVITY. Tip #5 (4:34) is email templates. Lea David saves a template to her desktop and then opens it when she wants to use it again. I hope this helps!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEOzI24qYO0

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T08:02:03+00:00

    The template feature is missing in New Outlook. Please vote for the issues in the Feedback Portal to show interest in this!

    New Outlook Needs Templates · Community (microsoft.com)

    Email templates fix · Community (microsoft.com)

    This is a MUST for many companies to make the transition to New Outlook! Especially the abitilty to distirubute default templates (designs).

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments