Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Finally found it: Insert > Apps > My templates
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.
How do I do the same in New Outlook?
Thanks,
Paul
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Finally found it: Insert > Apps > My templates
How to create and use Templates in Outlook (new). Complete step-by-step video guide: https://youtu.be/jn9UC0lQVdg
Thanks for the video.
I have finally gone back to "New Outlook" after Microsoft seemed to have fixed the bug where attachments needed to be downloaded, rather than open with a single click.
Withing a day of going back, I then find that template emails don't work. The video is a workaround, but when I'm composing an email, why do I want to then go digging around to find the template and the open it in "New Outlook"? The idea of templates is to streamline the process of sending standard emails, digging around and opening a template file is not streamline. For me, its another fail of "New Outlook".
I waste a large amount of time daily trying to find/fix settings and find features that Microsoft messes up or neglects to pull into updates. It seems like Microsoft developers aren't familiar with the apps. It amazes me that every time Microsoft takes a step forward, it actually goes 10 steps backwards. This is why I will never use Microsoft applications outside of work, where I'm forced to.