In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-21T15:51:54+00:00

    HiPaul Murray2,

    Greetings!

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    Based on the description you posted, it seems that you have an issue with MS Office wherein

    Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

    For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

    • What is the current build number of your Outlook program?

    • What is the current MS Office license you are using? (M365 for home and personal or M365 for business)

    • Have you already tried the same steps on finding the User templates option from your Old Outlook app to the New Outlook?

    In the meantime, we would like you to provide us with some answers first to the questions above. In order for us to provide you with a more accurate solution.

    We look forward to your reply,

    Sincerely

    Khou Sun

    Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-24T10:25:45+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for responding so quickly.

    The new Outlook is version: 1.2023.411.200 (Production). Client Version is 20230414002.05 .

    My licence is MS 365 Business Premium.

    In the previous version I could go:

    Then pick the required template.

    In the new version, none of it is there:

    Unless it has been moved. I have looked and searched for help on this, but am stuck.

    Best wishes,

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T13:55:41+00:00

    I am having the same issue, in my old version of Outlook I created a choose form shortcut in my ribbon, I'm not finding this option in the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Gérard Oomens 132.3K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-04-27T15:34:12+00:00

    I guess it's not (yet) available in the new Outlook.

    You could provide feedback:

    Blogs (microsoft365.com)

    ....

    Feedback  

    We look forward to continuing to build Outlook for Windows using the valuable input we receive from you. 

    If you have any feedback or additional suggestions for improvements, please click Help > Feedback  to let us know. Actionable feedback is the most useful – tell us what you’re trying to do, and if anything fails to meet your hopes and expectations. 

    .......

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T15:49:58+00:00

    Hi Paul Murray2,

    It seems, like Gérard Oomens has provided us with some additional information about your current inquiry.

    And he mentioned that this feature might not be available yet in the New Outlook program. So we highly suggest that you try the steps provided by Gérard Oomens on how to send a feedback about this matter.

    On the other hand we would like to give our biggest thanks to Gérard Oomens for providing us with some addition option that you can try.

    Sincerely

    Khou Sun

    Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments