In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T23:14:17+00:00

    Have you actually tried the new "My Template" app?

    It is ideal for short text-only content. You can't add tables or forms so it's pretty useless.

    I have done multiple searches on this issue, and I am surprised that they took away the form template features. I stand by my alternative solution of using custom Signatures to create templates. This has been working for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T21:48:51+00:00

    Howdy, not sure if this is still needed.

    In the new Outlook > classic ribbon > "Apps button" > "My templates" lives there.

    Matt

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-15T16:20:29+00:00

    I am in the Classic Ribbon layout and can't see the templates in the new outlook.

    Me neither. I'll have to revert to old Outlook for this simple reason. None of the suggestions here work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-29T01:01:30+00:00

    I am in the Classic Ribbon layout and can't see the templates in the new outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-29T00:48:03+00:00

    I'm not sure if you guys know this. Templates have been brought across from the old to the new outlook. Maybe it always was, and we did not look in the right spot.

    All I did was expand the ribbon and select Classic Ribbon, and the My Templates appeared. Someone needs to add this to the simplified ribbon!

    It's just not visible on the Simplified Ribbon. You have to go to More Options to see My Templates on the simplified ribbon.

    hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments