In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T17:21:20+00:00

    Found a solution here:

    1. Go to: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
    2. Copy your templates stored here to your desktop. They are OFT files.
    3. Go to the templates now stored on your desktop, right click one and select "Open With" and select "Choose Another App".
      Select "Outlook (New)" AND "Always open with this app". Save.
    4. Close outlook fully.
    5. Go to your template you want to use (on your desktop) , double click it-then it will open New Outlook and your template a second or two later for sending.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T14:59:01+00:00

    Thank you, that was extremely helpful!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T14:49:10+00:00

    I've been toggling back & forth the past few days between the old outlook desktop and the new outlook.

    I have found the templates in the new outlook.

    If you are creating an email you can click on the three dots "..." in the top right corner of your message and it will bring a drop down menu. The "My templates" item is there to select. I was able to click on it and the templates that I use in the old version of outlook are available for me to choose from.

    There are no dots at the top right of my screen in New Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T11:53:36+00:00

    I do not have a "my templates" icon at all. :(

    • edit - ok, I found it. It works for the basic text replies that I need it for, so this will suffice.

    Big miss on MS part :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T01:28:22+00:00

    Yeah it pretty limited. It works for what i need it for. I was only stating where it was, not how good it was. I agree with you, signatures appears to be the only way currently.

    Matt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments