Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Thank you, that was extremely helpful!!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.
How do I do the same in New Outlook?
Thanks,
Paul
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you, that was extremely helpful!!
Yeah it pretty limited. It works for what i need it for. I was only stating where it was, not how good it was. I agree with you, signatures appears to be the only way currently.
Matt
That is the old outlook. I really wanted to know how to do it in the new outlook and it look like there is no way to send an old outlook template in the new outlook, nor is there a way to save an email as a template in the new outlook. If anyone has a way, I am eager to see it.
Thanks!
I've been toggling back & forth the past few days between the old outlook desktop and the new outlook.
I have found the templates in the new outlook.
If you are creating an email you can click on the three dots "..." in the top right corner of your message and it will bring a drop down menu. The "My templates" item is there to select. I was able to click on it and the templates that I use in the old version of outlook are available for me to choose from.
Sorry Paul. I thought you were responding to another one of my posts. No wonder it didn't make sense to me! I don't think you can do what you're wanting to do in the new Outlook. I used to use templates to respond to emails that arrived in my inbox. For a while I flipped the toggle switch back to the old version just to use that template. Now, I use a form created in Word and when an item arrives in an outlook folder Power Automate kicks off, uses the information from the email, fills that form and then emails the response. I miss the ease of templates too.