In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T14:49:10+00:00

    I've been toggling back & forth the past few days between the old outlook desktop and the new outlook.

    I have found the templates in the new outlook.

    If you are creating an email you can click on the three dots "..." in the top right corner of your message and it will bring a drop down menu. The "My templates" item is there to select. I was able to click on it and the templates that I use in the old version of outlook are available for me to choose from.

    There are no dots at the top right of my screen in New Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T11:53:36+00:00

    I do not have a "my templates" icon at all. :(

    • edit - ok, I found it. It works for the basic text replies that I need it for, so this will suffice.

    Big miss on MS part :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-29T00:48:03+00:00

    I'm not sure if you guys know this. Templates have been brought across from the old to the new outlook. Maybe it always was, and we did not look in the right spot.

    All I did was expand the ribbon and select Classic Ribbon, and the My Templates appeared. Someone needs to add this to the simplified ribbon!

    It's just not visible on the Simplified Ribbon. You have to go to More Options to see My Templates on the simplified ribbon.

    hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-25T16:44:28+00:00

    I was able to use Power Automate to do the work of my forms, so I don't really need the forms anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-25T16:30:58+00:00

    Did your guys figure it out yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments